The Soulful :D

Check out friends and blogs that i follow, all the pretty souls HERE!
Currently doing the 30 things in 30 days challenge! View the list HERE!

FREAK = AWKWARD?

And I have been looking for this DVD for a few months now, but they don’t sell even the pirated ones if it’s hardly making into box-office listings. Yes, it’s BELLA – “Sooner or later every one of us will face an irreversible moment that will change our lives forever. If it hasn't happened to you yet...it will. BELLA is a true love story about how one day in New York City changed three people forever.”




And thanks to this website my brother gave to me yesterday [
http://www.watch-movies.net/ ], I started off this morning by watching it. I did cry for a few times. It’s not the type of story that you need to think too much, nor have a good audio system for the bang and the boom. You just need compassion in that heart of yours.

I can’t say I’m an indie-film whore, but when I do have those stories by my reach, I would definitely watch it. Yes, some may not like them… There are those with low quality of visual, or even “err… I don’t understand…” or “what a fucked up movie that is!” Whatever so on and so forth, I love them. There’s not much of a ‘fairy-tale’ like drama, no posers dancing around acting they were born cool, no heroes nor heroines who look too angelic, hot, stunning and lovely all the time…


These indie works are more of the REAL things in life. Some may be disturbed by Fur: an Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus for example. Which is too freaky for a normal thinker? Well, as from my opinion - they have the story to tell… but it didn’t really reach till within. How they NOT indulge deeper from what I imagine, somewhat; frustrated me.

Diane Arbus (
March 14, 1923July 26, 1971) was an American photographer, noted for her portraits of people on the fringes of society, such as transvestites, dwarfs, giants, prostitutes, and ordinary citizens in unconventional poses and settings. If you never heard of her; Wiki her and her arts. And here’s a quote from her that made me say, “How can I NOT love her!”

[click on the pics for larger view]

"Freaks was a thing I photographed a lot. It was one of the first things I photographed and it had a terrific kind of excitement for me. I just used to adore them. I still do adore some of them. I don't quite mean they're my best friends but they made me feel a mixture of shame and awe. There's a quality of legend about freaks. Like a person in a fairy tale who stops you and demands that you answer a riddle. Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats."

- Diane Arbus


[click on the pics for larger view]

Too weird for you guys out there? Well here’s a rain check; she’s REAL. She lives and dies. Those people you call freaks, nerds, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, weird fetishes or any of those categories in that same root of AWKWARDNESS are supposed to burn in Hell or die because having them around brings shame to this world? Oh, please…!

And who are you to judge her, me or anyone at all? One thing for sure; normal is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment